Monday, December 21, 2009

Tomba

Grade 7

It was a normal day, just like any other, when the most unusual thing happened. I was hungry, looking for small animals to hunt for food. I was walking along keeping my eyes peeled, as I smelled something. I closed my eyes and smelled some more. I traced the scent and lifted my arm up and pointed, turned to the left, and opened my eyes. I saw a wild boar, perfect for eating! I ran for it as it saw me. I leaped at it, but it began to run, as it revealed a rock. I was heading striaght for it! It happened so fast that I didn't even realize I was about to hit a rock. I opened my mouth and bit the rock... OUCH!!! I stood and tried to block out the pain and began to chase the boar, knowing that this was my only chance for food all day. I ran as fast as I could, but I didn't seem to be catching up to the boar, when the chase ended.
The boar had tripped over a rock. With a sprained ankle, the boar was unable to run. I dragged him back to my living grounds. When I arrived, I carefully took out the parts of the boar that were not edible, not to damage the lucious meat, and threw them over to my right to form a pile of stench, to keep them downwind of me. I sliced out the meat with the stone meat cutter I had made so many years ago, after I had gotten lost in the wilderness when my grandfather had died. About a month before his death, he had given me a golden brcelet with a red jewel on top of it. It seemed as if he knew he was going to die soon after in that month. I still wear it to this day and look deeply into the red, red heart of the jewel, to remember my beloved grandfather.
Getting back to the story, I started a fire, and started cooking the meat, for I was hungry. I first started cooking the leg meat, because that was the part I liked the best. I had it roasting on a stick, like a marshmallow.
A giant kokka bird landed and perched on the small, yet steep plateau next to my living grounds, looking at the meat I had, when all of a sudden, I heard a snort coming from the bottom of the hill that I was on.
I ran over to the side of the hill and saw three man-like pigs towing a wheelbarrow of gold away. I ran down the side of the  hill, in hope to stop them, but the hill was steep, and I lost control of my footing. I was running too fast, and I couldn't stop! Just then, the pigs saw me and let out a squeal, trying to get out of my way, but it was too late. I smashed into all three of them and they scatterd all over the place. The first two I hit got thrown into different directions, while the third got launched into a tree branch. He was knocked out, and laying on that branch. I then hit the tree and was a little phased, but got back up in no time. The two pigs were running away without the third, but I stopped them using my blackjack, a ball with spikes, but not sharp, tied to a rope that I could swing around and hit animals with, which I used for hunting. They fell to the ground, and just when I thought I had defeated them, the branch with the pig on it fell right on top of me. I was knocked out, and the pigs stole my golden bracelet. They threw it in with the rest of the gold, and the two pigs pushed the wheelbarrow with the unconcious pig on the top away.
I wearily stood up, and noticed that my bracelet was gone. I knew that the pigs stole it. I followed the path that the wheelbarrow left behind and began my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment