Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Letter to Vincent

Grade 4

72 Moscow Street
Votkinsk, Russia 20348
November 27, 1889

Mr. Vincent van Gogh
32 Rue du Crayon
Arles, France 02958

Dear Vincent,

I am a music composer named Peter Tchaikovsky. I composed music for the Nutcracker, Romeo and Juliet, and Swan Lake. I also composed six symphonies. I am writing to you because I want to tell you that I like your paintings. In a way, we are both composers. You compose art, and I compose music.

You are a good artist because you use thick brush strokes. I like the bright colors that you use. I think that you will be a famous artist someday. I like your "Starry Night" painting the best because I like the vivid colors that you used.

I hope you compose more fantastic paintings. I hope I compose more fantastic music.

Sincerely,
Peter Tchaikovsky

No comments:

Post a Comment